1 x Part time 22 hours per week (Female only due to personal care)
Motivated and enthusiastic people are required, with a commitment to promoting and maintaining an independent lifestyle for an individual with Brain injury. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills while delivering support to an individual in their own home and within the wider community.
Undertaking a range of duties to support the Client, you will work closely with other members of the team in providing the highest standards of health care.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, backed by previous health care experience; full training will be given to those with the right approach and attitude
The post requires that you work independently to a very great extent, therefore it is required that you work and conduct yourself in a manner that is acceptable to the employer. Reliability, integrity and complete trustworthiness are essential attributes in this post.
You may be required to attend social events.
The role is for day shifts covering weekdays, weekends and bank holidays.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security in the workplace.
- Promote effective communication and relationships.
- Contribute to the protection of individuals from abuse.
- Enable clients to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance.
- To complete domestic tasks, i.e. cooking, cleaning, laundry.
- Enable clients to participate in recreation and leisure activities.
- To establish and maintain a trusting, therapeutic, working relationship
- To be responsible for the client’s personal welfare
- To supervise activities in line with the care plan guidelines
- To travel to hospitals or elsewhere for therapeutic care
- To travel for social or other activities
- To liaise with other agencies
- To complete daily records as advised including; time sheets, care plan summary and critical incidents, petty cash.
- Attend review meetings with the employer and other persons as nominated by the employer
- To attend training sessions as arranged
Complex case management is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
To show us you are right for this job please relate your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description shown .You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail).If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful this time. If you join us you will need a DBS check. All our staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website. In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us. Previous employment will be verified with the relevant employers. Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
No applicants will be considered without completing and returning a company application form.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £12.00 per hour
Reference ID: TW/0921
Part-time hours: 22 per week
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £12.00 per hour
All staff must comply with regular testing as per company policy, this consist of 2 Rapid Lateral flow test per week and 1 x polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test per week. All staff must have also received 2 Covid-19 vaccinations.