We are recruiting on behalf of the clients finance deputy, for a motivated; enthusiastic and flexible person to support a young person aged 14, living in her own home. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; previous health care experience is essential.
The successful applicant will be fully trained in all aspects of the young person’s care. You will be well supported and supervised by management.
The post requires that you:
- Are female (Due to personal care)
- Non Smoker (Clients request)
- PEG Feeding experience (Preferred)
- work independently to a great extent
- work and conduct yourself in an acceptable manner
- can cover weekdays; weekends; Bank Holidays and night duty (waking nights)
- can work flexibly, along with the ability to work additional hours as required
The post is part time/ full time, permanent
Salary: £12.50 to £14.00 per hour week days/ weekends. (hourly rate is dependent on shift worked)
A Driving Licence is preferred.
An enhanced DBS will be required for this post.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the young person’s mobility
- Maintaining the young person’s general health
- Maintaining the young person’s personal care to include:
- Washing /Bathing
- Teeth cleaning
- Nail care
- Continence care
- Maintaining the young person’s sleep pattern
- Maintaining the young person’s nutrition
- Maintaining the young person’s physical management
- Supporting the young person’s therapeutic engagement
- Providing appropriate leisure activities for the young person
- Contribute to all household duties – including cleaning of equipment
- Driving the young person’s adapted vehicle
- Supporting the young person on family holidays
- Maintaining the young person’s safety in all environments
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security in the workplace.
- Promote effective communication and relationships.
- Contribute to the protection of individuals from abuse.
- Establish and maintain a trusting, therapeutic, working relationship
- Be responsible for the young person’s personal welfare
- Travel to hospitals or elsewhere for therapeutic care
- Liaise with other agencies as required
- Complete daily records as advised including; time sheets, daily record sheets, medication sheets, petty cash sheets and critical incidents.
- Attend Team Meetings/review meetings with the employer and other persons as nominated by the employer
- Attend for regular Formal Supervisions and Annual Appraisal
- Attend training sessions as arranged
Reference ID: EL1020
All our support workers make a huge difference to our client’s lives, so if you can help to make their lives better go to our GET IN TOUCH page to request an application form.
Reference ID: EL1020
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £12.50-£14.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
To keep support staff and the client safe, we will provide all the relevant PPE.
Staff will be required to take their own temperature prior to each shift and document the results, as per the current government guidelines
- Support worker: 1 year (Required)
- Preston PR3 (Preferred)
- NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care (Preferred)
- full UK Driving (Required)
Complex Case Management is committed to providing a fair recruitment process. As such, the first page of your application will be removed to ensure fairness during the shortlisting process. Only when an applicant is selected for interview will the recruiter be able to view your details.