Motivated and enthusiastic people are required, with a commitment to promoting and maintaining an independent lifestyle for an individual with complex care needs. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills while delivering care to an individual in their own/family home.
Undertaking a range of duties to support the Client, you will work closely with other members of the team in providing the highest standards of health care.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, backed by previous health care experience (preferred), however full training will be given to those with the right approach and attitude
The post requires that you work independently to a very great extent. The post therefore requires that you work and conduct yourself in a manner that is acceptable to the employer. Reliability, integrity and complete trustworthiness are essential attributes in this post.
Our Client suffered a brain injury as a result of a road traffic accident and is now highly dependent and requires maximum assistance for all activities and requires personal care.
She has a purposely adapted vehicle to enable her carers to take her out in the community.
She lives in her own home in Wigan, with a team of carers.
Carers will be expected to cover all hours (24/7) in rotation and holidays and sickness periods of other care team members.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security in the workplace.
· Promote effective communication and relationships.
· Contribute to the protection of individuals from abuse.
· Enable clients to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance.
· Enable clients to participate in recreation and leisure activities.
· To establish and maintain a trusting, therapeutic, working relationship
· To be responsible for the client’s personal welfare
· To provide personal care for the client, this will include personal hygiene
· To supervise activities in line with the care plan guidelines
· To contribute to all household duties including, cooking, cleaning, dusting, washing and ironing clothes
· To travel to hospitals or elsewhere for therapeutic care
· To travel for social or other activities
· To liaise with other agencies
· To complete daily records as advised including; time sheets, care plan summary and critical incidents, petty cash.
· Attend review meetings with the employer and other persons as nominated by the employer
· To attend training sessions as arranged
You will be employed by the Client acting through their Finance Deputy IMTC LLP
You will be managed by Complex Case Management Ltd.. an average of 36.75 hours per week and the role is subject to satisfactory references and DBS check. The rate of pay for this role is £15.00 per hours (days) + £10.18 per hour for sleeps.
The shift pattern at the present time is; 2days on 4days off (See below). However can be subject to change to meet the clients needs.
Shift 1: 10:00- 22:00
Shift 2: 22:00-08:00 Sleep
Shift 3: 08:00-17:00
All our support workers make a huge difference to our client’s lives, so if you can help to make their lives better, please contact Alison Grace 0161 762 1421 for further details.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
To show us you are right for this job please relate your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description shown. You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail).If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful this time. If you join us you will need a DBS check. All our staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website. In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us. Previous employment will be verified with the relevant employers. Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £15.00 per hour + £10.18 per hour for sleeps
Reference ID: EH/SW/23
Complex Case Management is committed to providing a fair recruitment process. As such, the first page of your application will be removed to ensure fairness during the shortlisting process. Only when an applicant is selected for interview will the recruiter be able to view your details.