Complex Case Management provides bespoke rehabilitation, personal care and case management services to clients throughout the North West.
We are recruiting on behalf of the clients finance deputy, for a motivated; enthusiastic and flexible person to support a young person aged 15, living in her own home. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; previous health care experience would be an advantage but not essential.
The successful applicant will be fully trained in all aspects of the young person’s care. You will be well supported and supervised by management.
The post requires that you:
- Are female (Due to personal care)
- Non Smoker (Clients request)
- work independently to a great extent
- work and conduct yourself in an acceptable manner
- can cover weekdays; weekends; Bank Holidays and night duty (waking nights)
- can work flexibly, along with the ability to work additional hours as required
The post is part time/ full time, permanent
Salary: £11.50 to £14.50 per hour week days/ weekends. (hourly rate is dependent on shift worked)
A Driving Licence is preferred.
An enhanced DBS will be required for this post.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the young person’s mobility
- Maintaining the young person’s general health
- Maintaining the young person’s personal care to include:
Ø Washing /Bathing
Ø Teeth cleaning
Ø Nail care
Ø Continence care
- Maintaining the young person’s sleep pattern
- Maintaining the young person’s nutrition
- Maintaining the young person’s physical management
- Supporting the young person’s therapeutic engagement
- Supporting the young person to access Hydrotherapy
- Providing appropriate leisure activities for the young person
- Contribute to all household duties – including cleaning of equipment
- Driving the young person’s adapted vehicle
- Supporting the young person on family holidays
- Maintaining the young person’s safety in all environments
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security in the workplace.
- Promote effective communication and relationships.
- Contribute to the protection of individuals from abuse.
- Establish and maintain a trusting, therapeutic, working relationship
- Be responsible for the young person’s personal welfare
- Travel to hospitals or elsewhere for therapeutic care
- Liaise with other agencies as required
- Complete daily records as advised including; time sheets, daily record sheets, medication sheets, petty cash sheets and critical incidents.
- Attend Team Meetings/review meetings with the employer and other persons as nominated by the employer
- Attend for regular Formal Supervisions and Annual Appraisal
- Attend training sessions as arranged
Reference ID: EL0921
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.50-£14.50 per hour dependent on shift worked
All our support workers make a huge difference to our client’s lives, so if you can help to make their lives better, please contact Alison Grace or Mark Tyson-Shore on 0161 762 1421 for further details and to request an application pack.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
To show us you are right for this job please relate your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description shown. You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail).If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful this time. If you join us you will need a DBS check. All our staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website. In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us. Previous employment will be verified with the relevant employers. Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period.
All staff must comply with regular testing as per company policy, this consist of 2 Rapid Lateral flow test per week and 1 x polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test per week. All staff must have also received 2 Covid-19 vaccinations.
Reference ID: EL/0921
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.50-£14.00 per hour
To keep support staff and the client safe, we will provide all the relevant PPE.
Staff will be required to take their own temperature prior to each shift and document the results, as per the current government guidelines.